Saturday, August 27, 2016

Right of Entry forms: You do NOT have to sign them!!

   Most everyone in Calaveras County is receiving "right of entry" forms from both Caltrans and some Sierra company for CalFire.

   You need to know that you cannot be compelled to sign these forms. They will give these public entities the right to do whatever they want to your land. Be careful and think before you sign you property rights away!!!


Anonymous said...

What are these forms for??

Anonymous said...

I heard they want to clear your land. you don't have any choice. they decide what trees and all they want to clear.

Anonymous said...

I am one of those land owners. The county requires owners to agree that, and I quote from the form:

"Owner shall indemnify and hold harmless the, County, State of California, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and any of their respective officers, agencies, contractors, subcontractors, employees, and volunteers against any and all claims, deductibles, self-insured retentions, demands, liability, judgments, awards, fines, mechanics's liens or other liens, labor disputes, losses, damages, expenses, personal injury, charges, or costs of any kind or character, including attorneys' fees and court costs (hereinafter, collectively referred to as "Claims"), which arise out of or are in any way connected to actions arising out of this Permit, and hereby release, discharge, waive any claims any action, in law or equity, arising therefrom."

So if the Tennessee company that is cutting down the trees doesn't pay its employees, the employee can collect his wages from the land owner. If someone gets hurt cutting down the tree, the land owner can get stuck with the medical bills. If they damage the fences and cows or horses get out the land owner is responsible.

Cliff takes the glory and the land owner is stuck with the s**t.